r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overhead storage compartments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 4:54pm
Here ya go Brin ....

Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

PodPatrol
Right before you say ok to insert picture, while still in preview it shows you the size of your picture.  Mine ususally come in at 800x601 (don't know why it's 601), but anyway I change it to 400x300 and it's half the size when posted.  Although it's worth waiting for some of those GREAT Scenic photos.Smile

LeeClap

Lee to the rescue !!!!
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by PodPatrol PodPatrol wrote:

Here ya go Brin ....

Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

PodPatrol
Right before you say ok to insert picture, while still in preview it shows you the size of your picture.  Mine ususally come in at 800x601 (don't know why it's 601), but anyway I change it to 400x300 and it's half the size when posted.  Although it's worth waiting for some of those GREAT Scenic photos.Smile

LeeClap

Lee to the rescue !!!!
I am not sure that I am seeing that option.  In the photobucket website, I have tried to resize the picture but for some reason it is not holding the change after  I click on "apply".  I don't see a size option when I hit preview on this website.   I just don't want to blast you guys with such large pictures. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 6:58pm
Brin  Check the last post, I added some pictures for the size adjustment options.

Hope it helps.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 9:37pm

Thanks a million, Brin! I will get the hinges ordered from your part number (or take it to Lowes). I think I see where he had to do some cutting, but it will probably be clearer when we have the part in front of us.

Thanks again!

John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 11:35pm
Great pics!  I think we should always try to remember to put what model number along with a mod.

Terry
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 11:08am
Brin ...

I believev that Lee was using the File manager here at the forum.

For whatever reasons, when I upload a pic to photobucket its usually over 2mg (big).
But when i post them here they are rather small .....

Ill look into that at Photobucket and get back with ya

gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 1:04pm
Lid Support for 175 overhead cabinets.

(I may be a bit late, but here is another option.)

After months of searching for a suitable lid support, and two or three false starts with supports that looked like they would work, but in the end I had to return, I finally found Delta Lid Stay made by Selby Hardware. Here is a link to where they can be purchased at Amazon.com:

They can be used on the left- or right-hand side and can be used to hold a lid up or support a lid that opens down. They are not cheap (about $20 each), but they seem to be of very good quality and operate very smoothly. (You can also get them from Rockler Woodworking supplies for $30 each!)

As you can see in the attached picture, I was able to achieve about 80 degrees of opening. I had to make a few easy modifications to the cabinets:

1. For the left cabinet, I had to relocate the latch assembly from the left side to the ride side of the opening to make room for the support on the left side. I also had to add a piece of wood 3/4 x 3/4 x 5 1/2 to the back edge of the left side of the cabinet opening. In the picture you can see that one mounting screw goes into the existing framing member and the other screw goes into the wood piece I added. (I attached the wood piece with two screws from the rear.)

2. For the right cabinet, I also added a piece of wood 3/4 x 3/4 x 5 1/2 to the back edge of the right side of the cabinet opening.

Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 2:13pm

Sweet !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic