r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R Pod 172

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 12:32am
Originally posted by pepperpod pepperpod wrote:

Well Podders, I need some advice.  I was informed over the weekend that Forest River will not be able to deliver my 172 until the end of January if we still want the Saffron interior.  If I want the brown interior or the cinnamon, I can get the pod in the next few weeks.  I don't really need it until the end of February.  We have reservations in Florida for the month of March.  I am afraid if I say I will take the Saffron interior that I won't get the pod in time to go to Florida!! Star  Star  Star What to do.............................

I just wanted to tell everyone that the Pod I described in this post is finally at the Dealership in Kentucky.  We would love to pick it up as soon as possible, but it is a very busy time for us.  It may be week after next before we can get it. Cry  At least it is here in time for our trip to Florida.  I am very excited to see what the saffron interior looks like. Big smile  BTW the dealership is installing a window in the door for us. 
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 1:01am
That's great news.  Don't forget to post your pictures.  What did they charge you for the installation of window, if I may ask?  What kind of window did you get?  
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
jjbescher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjbescher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 6:51am
Will you be going through NC to get to Florida?
R-Pod 173T towed by a 2003 Honda Pilot
Site # 164 Eastern Roundup
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 8:23am
Originally posted by yizit yizit wrote:

That's great news.  Don't forget to post your pictures.  What did they charge you for the installation of window, if I may ask?  What kind of window did you get?  
  I am excited about getting the Pod.  One problem we have is that we are getting snow again. Unless we go very far south on our short jaunt to make sure things work, we will not be able to use the water etc. 
The window is approximately 15 x 21.  I think the price is a little under $200.  We are having a couple of things done.  Go to the FR website and look at the exterior pictures in the photo gallery.  I am assuming our door will look like the one in the drawing.
No, we will not be going through North Carolina unless we decide to do it on the way home.  We are trying to visit relatives and friends in GA and FL as well as doing a lot of camping. 
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:33am
Let me add my congrats Pepperpod!  Happy camping to you.  Thumbs Up
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:01pm
We are getting closer to bringing our Pod home.  Our dealership installed the window in the door today and was kind enough to let us drop by and see it.  I needed to look at the storage possibilities and measure for storage containers. We won't be bringing it home until next week.  As soon as the road crews clear the roads the wind blows it right back on the road.  The window appears to be your standard rv door window.  It is a frosted glass.  I think it will add needed light to that end of the 172. I have to say that I think my popup had more storage space.
The saffron interior is not bright at all.  Actually, I was expecting yellow leaves but they are a light green.  The background appears to be more of a burgandy than a red color.
My husband is soooo happy with the axle risers.  I think he is finally "on board" with the Pod experience.  One of the shop guys asked if we were aware of the Forum and the Pod Roundup at Fort Boonesborough.  Rick just smiled and told him we certainly were.  Big smile
I had a few reservations about spending a month in the Pod in Florida.  However, after our visit, I am sure that we will be quite comfortable.
R Pod 172

David View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 6:48am
Congratulations on the new Pod!  I wish you many happy journeys.  Smile
Hope to see you "out there"

David - weird guy with a wolf
Dixie - German Shepherd
RP173 - "Campground Assault Vehicle 1"
2009 Silverado 5.3L V8
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 6:58pm
I love the saffron interior.  Congrats again!
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 8:42pm
Congrats on your new pod and happy trails!JimClap
Jim & Kim
Dixie the dog.
Chevy 2500HD Silverado
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 9:41pm
One thing I forgot to mention yesterday when I posted about our Pod.  I was surprised to find that we have that hanging thing in the bathroom.  It is a great idea, but I think it will be very hard to use the little room for its orginal purpose. LOL  There is a shower rod type thing running right to left which could be used to hang our towels.  We will probably try to put the hanging thing in the r dome.  I KNOW I will find some use for it.
Also, FR has been listening to the forum.  We have a device to hold the overhead cabinet door up while removing plates etc.
R Pod 172

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic