r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R Pod 172

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R Pod 172
    Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 10:42am
Has anyone camped in the summer heat in a 172.  We are leaning toward that model.My husband is concerned since there are no windows on the bunk end, that it might be stuffy.
Any information is appreciated.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 10:49am
I don't think that will be a problem.  Open a window or 2 and turn on the exhaust fan to a slow speed and you have have plenty of air circulating.

Terry
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 11:10am
We have a 172 and the outside temp was never a problem.  The AC units are loud, but cool nicely.
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 2:26pm
I was in Az and NM this July, pretty hot.  So as not to freeze out the top bunk,( which the a/c will do), I use a milder temp on the A/c and have a 12" fan on the floor, pointed under the top bunk.  I get the little extra breeze I like and we both sleep well.

Just camped in what I call cold, and just ran the heater.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 2:16pm
Does anyone know how deep the storage is under the bottom bunk on a 172.  I am going to start looking for storage containers.
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 6:11am
It is now official!!!   We are ordering our R Pod 172 on Monday morning.  We got a great deal from a local dealer, and they are going to store it for us until March.   I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!Star

My husband wants to know if anyone has pulled with a Ford F150?  Do you use a sway bar?
R Pod 172

Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 6:17am
Congratulations pepperpod!
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 7:55am
We are totally SO Happy for you pepper !!!

It actually seemed like you already had one .... even though you didn't.

I imagine the anticipation is kill'n ya. But it's worth it !

HAPPY PODing !!! (#14)
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 8:01am
Originally posted by PodPatrol PodPatrol wrote:

We are totally SO Happy for you pepper !!!

It actually seemed like you already had one .... even though you didn't.

I imagine the anticipation is kill'n ya. But it's worth it !

HAPPY PODing !!! (#14)
Thanks.  I have been looking at this site and wishing for so long.  Now that we are ordering, it will probably be January before we get it since Thanksgiving and Christmas periods will probably be a slow time at Forest River.  We have camped in a popup for 20+ years so camping is in my blood. Big smile
R Pod 172

JeepPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 8:35am
Pepperpod,
I use the plastic storage boxes that are designed to slide under a bed.  Those fit very well.  Anything else I found is too tall.
Lisa
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
2001 Ford Expedition-Tow Vehicle
2010 Model 172 R-Pod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic