r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R Pod 172

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 6:09am
Yep Margaritaville

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 6:19am
Originally posted by pepperpod pepperpod wrote:

My husband wants to know if anyone has pulled with a Ford F150?  Do you use a sway bar?

Our tow vehicle is a Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton, pretty similar in size and weight to the Ford F150.  We don't need a sway bar with ours.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 6:26am
Don & I pull the pod with a Dodge Ram 1500 and do not need a sway bar either.
Mary
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 7:34am
Originally posted by HuronSailor HuronSailor wrote:

Actually, we're known as "The Coral Geezers."

PERFECT !!!!
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 6:58pm

Well Podders, I need some advice.  I was informed over the weekend that Forest River will not be able to deliver my 172 until the end of January if we still want the Saffron interior.  If I want the brown interior or the cinnamon, I can get the pod in the next few weeks.  I don't really need it until the end of February.  We have reservations in Florida for the month of March.  I am afraid if I say I will take the Saffron interior that I won't get the pod in time to go to Florida!! Star  Star  Star What to do.............................

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Phil H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:29am
You could always call Couch's. I bet they have 172's in stock right now.
2010 R-pod 171 (sold)
2010 Surveyor SV251 towed by a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 5:03pm
We were told that anything besides the Earth would take longer.  We went with the Earth.  I personally like it the best anyway.

~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 5:24pm
If the Saffron interior is important to you, then wait and take the chance that it will be ready in time for your trip.  As for me, I would go for the cinnamon and play it safe.  You just never know what could happen between now and then.  We have the 172 and we don't even see the fabric, because it is covered most of the time with bedding.  We removed the extra cushions that are not used for the bed.  So the only fabric you see would be the small window toppers.  Good luck with your decision.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 5:29pm

Thanks for all the advice.  We made the decision today to stay with the Saffron.  My husband thinks it will lighten up the interior. He is really concerned about the lack of windows on the bunk end.  I made it perfectly clear to the salesman that I HAD to have a travel trailer by the end of February. He assures me that we will have it by the end of January.  We will see.  If they do not come through, we will just go up to Couch's and buy one.  It won't be as close for us, but they are a great group to deal with.

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 5:39pm
You're going to love it no matter the color.  I think they are all great.  If you are like us, you'll be outside most of the time anyway.  Couch's is also very easy to deal with and the last time we were there, they had lots of units in their parking lot.
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic