r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Texas R-Pod Roundup_ 2010 Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 10:00am
Big smile Come on all you Texas podders!  (And any others that want to make the trip - do I hear anything from Louisiana? Question )  Let's have a great camp out at Bastrop State Park.  Clap The more the merrier!  Hug
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 9:41pm
Okie dokey. I'm up for once a month at most Texas parks. We will be at Village Creek SP Mar 30 - April 2. Hope some of you can make it there.

We will be at the Blind Salamander campground in San Marcos over the Memorial Day weekend.

We'll be sitting down before then to figure out the rest of the year.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 11:14pm
Don't understand  village creek  do you have the right dates in there, compared to when you posted?

Have a Memorial Day weekend I'm going to visit some friend in Wichita Falls, probably podles because it's such a long drive and short weekend.  

Jun for ME is ERU, but I think there's other Texans you are not going.

San Marcos/Bastrop/Houston are within my range, want to pick some place for Aug.  We probably need to make choices soon and the book it.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 2:30am
Should change my name from YakDriver to BoneHead. Censored

The dates for Village Creek are APR 30 to MAY 2.  Duh! I guess I just washed my hands and can't do a thing with them.

I'll sit down with the smart half tomorrow to look at our August schedule. I know we'll be at Wright Patman in Texarkana some time in June. Still don't have a firm date on that one. Waiting on a cousin to tell us what days he'll be in from Florida.

YakDriver's Blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 1:25pm
Village Creek sound really nice and it looks like your in luck with the first of the nature programs May 1–29, 2010Village Creek SPSaturday Nature Programs .  I really like listening or going on the tours with the park rangers.

LeeClap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 12:30am
ANYONE INTERESTED in Labor day Weekend Texas Round UP?

HAVE R-Pod will Travel 200-250 (may a little be more).  We probably need to get it together soon. 

Open to Locations?

Lee
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 9:28am
Ain't Leo, Lil Harry and I are booked at Palmetto State Park for Sep 3 thru 6. We would love if anyone could join us.

Lee, are we still looking at the first or second week of October for Bastrop? We might even try Pedernales Falls if none of you have been there.

YakDriver's Blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 10:28am
Originally posted by YakDriver YakDriver wrote:

Ain't Leo, Lil Harry and I are booked at Palmetto State Park for Sep 3 thru 6. We would love if anyone could join us.

Lee, are we still looking at the first or second week of October for Bastrop? We might even try Pedernales Falls if none of you have been there.

Just used the State's (TEXAS) new online reservation system, (for anyone who uses it don't check sewer).  Didn't give me a choice of location, so we might have to get a hold of the park ranger  when time gets near and if anyone else joins in to put us in the same area (because there are two different camping areas).

Thumbs UpYIPPEE  Mini Roundup.

LeeClap

For October I have no problems with either weekend, Bastrop would be good, or even something more to the east so that our LA Podders could come.  For a short weekend I rather stay out of the Hill Country and not have to go though San Antonio.  
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 7:02pm
Thumbs Up  Bastrop is good for me. To get LA folks coming, I would think about Martin Dies SP. Several of our podders have been there and really love it.

As for the park staff, as soon as everyone makes their rez we can call them with the number of sites and they should help consolidate us. Ain't Leo and I could go up a day early and help coordinate things. We were planning on Oct 8 - 11 for our trip. We can be a bit flexible if we know within the next week or so because my honey has to coordinate with the salt mines.

YakDriver's Blog
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 7:05pm
 Thumbs Down  Lee, I meant to post that about the rez system, too. I've booked four trips and I always leave out sewer. A huge number of the SPs don't have full hookups except for the park hosts. I guess that somehow threw a wrench in the programming mix. Otherwise, it's been pretty good for us.

YakDriver's Blog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic