r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Texas R-Pod Roundup_ 2010 Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 12:07am
Dies would be kool for me, because I'm thinking of looking for a rv storage place around Schulenburg, tx, for Sept and Oct (maybe Aug as well).  The hardest part for me is getting out of South Texas, Schuleburg is 160 miles without towing is about 2 15 hours with the Pod it's more like 3 1/2 or more. Might not seem like a lot, but on a short weekend hours count.  If we do Martin Dies I might even rent a place up there for month because the last weekend I'll probably be in Conroe (still waiting on those plans).  

So regardless I think I might be able to squeeze an extra trip each month if I don't have to tow the whole way there (to a camp ground) and back.  Probably save the cost a couple of tanks of gas each trip which would more then pay for the storage fee.  

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:19am
I agree that hours count. That sounds like good planning on your part. Hope you find a place for the Pod.

I guess that we should start a new thread that gives the dates and location of the Martin Dies trip. Many won't scroll this far to see what's happening.

I'm pretty sure Daystarc would be interested since they live very close to the park. What's your opinion? I'd like to give everyone as much lead time as we can for planning purposes.

Harry
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:55am
I think we should start Thread  "Invite to All on the Palmetto", and send PM  invites to LA Podders & Texans to check out the discussion thread (this thread) for their thoughts.  

I have to get to the lawn mower, before it gets to Hot.  If you start the thread for Palmetto, I'll do the PM after I get the yard mowing is done .

LeeClap   
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:12pm
COUNT US IN FOR BOTH TRIPS!!!! Yeah! We love Mini Roundups and State Parks.Hug

We will make reservations for Palmetto in Sept and Martin Dies in October.  We should plan a Saturday night dinner for both trips.  Big smile

Becky & Gary
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 4:22pm
Got our reservations for both weekends!!!! Big smile  I am soooooooooooo excited.

Becky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 1:04pm

Hey what about  Hunstville or stephen F Austin state parks, which are Appx 225 and 280 miles drives for me, Martin Dies is 380.  That's alot for a 2 or 3 day weekend.  I'd spend my whole weekend driving.  Both Locations are about 250 miles from Lafayette, LA if they would like to join in.  

Here are the links. 

Lee

This is for 8-10 October 2010.
Bill and Marie in TX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill and Marie in TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 1:37pm
Hi,
We may be up for the Martin Dies meet.  We are coming from North Dallas and that is a very pretty drive away from I-20.  I'll talk to the boss about it.
Bill
2011 RP-181G "Wine Pod II"
2011 F-250 6.2L V8
2 Doxies + 1 tiny Corgi = 1 full size dog
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 1:38pm
Thumbs Up Huntsville sounds good to me. We are going there in a couple of weeks. Nice thing is they have full hookups so I can shower in my own Pod. No bath house.

So let's go for Huntsville. Let's pass it around to everyone interested to see if it's a go.

Harry
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 3:18pm
We will go with whichever you choose!  That is a very long way for you to drive, Lee.

BillandMarie, would you be willing to come to Huntsville instead of Martin Dies?  It would be great if you could.

Becky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Bill and Marie in TX Bill and Marie in TX wrote:

Hi,
We may be up for the Martin Dies meet.  We are coming from North Dallas and that is a very pretty drive away from I-20.  I'll talk to the boss about it.
Bill
From Denton (hint hint Maryjo) to Hunstville is 211, Denton to Martin Dies is 284.

Thought I'd put that in.

LeeClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic