r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help-no lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PoodlePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help-no lights
    Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 10:34am
First glitch- the pod has been plugged into electricity for months now- but just went out to look things over and there are no lights --- electric is working cause I can see LED lights on tv and frig...so has the battery gone dead or is it a fuse issue?  suggestions??? where is the fuse box anyway and what does it take?
befudled poodlepoder
duder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 10:44am
sounds like a fuse to me!  The fuse panel in the 172 is on the same side of the wall the Frig is! Confused
Chuck and Bev
2010 R-Pod 172

Happy Trails!!!!
throttle96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throttle96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 10:54am

I concur with duder. The fuse box has circut brakers for 120v and automotive blade type fuses for the 12v 

09 R-POD 175
07 Explorer Sport Trac
Me,the Wife,and our 4 legged Child
Site #16 at East Coast Roundup
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 11:01am
Your lights are 12 volt.  When plugged into the mains, the converter powers them.  When unplugged, the battery powers them.

The television is 120 volt.  The fridge is 12 volt, or 120 volt, or propane, depending on the position of the switch (although, it does draw a small amount of 12 volt when on propane).  I'll assume that because you've been plugged-in to the mains, that you set your fridge to 120 volt (feel free to correct me).

Two possibilities immediately come to mind:
1) You've blown a 12 volt fuse for the light.  This is fairly easy to check/fix - just have a look at your converter.  A LED will be lit beside the fuse if its blown.
2) You've blown your converter.  Have you checked to see if any other 12 volt powered things work?  Does the fan work in the bathroom?  Does the waterpump work?  Do the tank gauges work?
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throttle96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 11:17am
I was thinking that our power centers had blown fuse indicator lights, but wasnt sure.
09 R-POD 175
07 Explorer Sport Trac
PoodlePod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PoodlePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 12:46pm
where is the converter? No fuse light is on---
PoodlePod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PoodlePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 12:46pm
where is the converter no fuse light is indicated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throttle96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 12:57pm
The converter and the fuse box are one unit.
09 R-POD 175
07 Explorer Sport Trac
PoodlePod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PoodlePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 1:45pm

Could it be the simple thing--- like a dead battery?  I had it plugged into an outside recepticle- but looks like that was tripped- have no idea when- or how long ago!  so if the battery is dead would that explain the 12v not working?  I tried the battery check inside the cabin and got no reading...thanks for the help...poodlepod

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic