r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping Recipes and Food Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pie On A Stick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pie On A Stick
    Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 1:36pm
What you need:

1. Clean wood dowel rod. (2" diameter)

2.  Bisquick

3.  Canned pie filling  (blue berry, apple etc.)

I haven't made these since my 35 and 34 year old daughters were little kids!  That would be a day or 2 at least!LOL

Make a dough out of some Bisquick.  Form dough around the dowel rod extending up 6", or however far you want.  The dough should be about 1/2" thick.

Hold the "stick" over the fire and rotate it while it is cooking the dough.  After the dough is browned a little slide the cooked dough off the stick.  Now, spoon in whatever pie filling you like.  You now have pie finger food!  Very yummy!

I "think" if you floured the stick end the dough won't stick.  But to be honest about it I don't remember if it sticks or not.

Terry
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 1:50pm

Hey, that sounds good !! I wonder if one could sprinkle something on the outside of the Bisquick before browning it. For example, cinnamon and sugar for the Apple filling ... or what-ever...

TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by PodPatrol PodPatrol wrote:

Hey, that sounds good !! I wonder if one could sprinkle something on the outside of the Bisquick before browning it. For example, cinnamon and sugar for the Apple filling ... or what-ever...

Why not.  The sugar would melt and make a glossy finish though.  Still could work!

Terry
throttle96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throttle96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 4:52pm
TerryM, with all your good recipes, I vote that you are in charge of the cooking at the Pod Round-Up. LOL
09 R-POD 175
07 Explorer Sport Trac
Me,the Wife,and our 4 legged Child
Site #16 at East Coast Roundup
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by throttle96 throttle96 wrote:

TerryM, with all your good recipes, I vote that you are in charge of the cooking at the Pod Round-Up. LOL

I can just see the headlines now: Authorities Are Investigating The Deaths Of The Pod People. LOLLOL

Terry

LOL
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 3:36am
Yeah, from to much good food !!!!
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 7:12pm
Sounds yummy.....gotta try that.Thumbs Up
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
penny-podding View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penny-podding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 6:31pm
You can do a similar thing with a hot dog on a stick surrounded by a can biscuit. Then over the fire for cooking.
The Penny-Pod is on the road!
Penny & Russell
R-Pod 172
2006 Ford Expedition - Darth Vedar!
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 7:24pm
Thanks Penny for the recipes.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 9:02am
We use a pie iron and make all sorts of goodies like these.  You can find them anywhere camping gear is sold.

This site has info and recipes  http://www.pieiron.com
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic