r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mini roundups around the country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mini roundups around the country
    Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 9:22am
Just a thought, since many of us cannot get to the BIG roundup adventure, what about scheduling mini roundups on the same weekend throughout the US and Canada? We could connect with Skype for those tech. advantaged, share pics, mod ideas, etc. Someone, actually many, would have to 'get the ball rolling'. Again, just a thought

retired roxy
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 12:42pm
GREAT IDEA. Star Yes I was feeling very sad Crythat I can not get to KY, I plan to be going Midwest North in June and it would be wonderful to have a Mini Roundup to go to.  It could be called International Podders weekendClown.  Set a record for the most Podders out camping on a single weekend.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Blademaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blademaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 3:48pm
Thats a great idea. Smile
Being a newbie here, I'll probably post a thread just about everytime I take the pod out. LOL
It would be great if some of our travels could coincide with other members of the group who are out and about.
Wandering life's backroads with my wife, our 2 four legged children; Chloe the odd Pug, and Tia Maria, the smallest Chihuahua I'm aware of.
Life is good.
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 6:20pm
I like the idea too.  How should we divide into mini round ups?  Living in central Wisconsin in a tourist town, it could be a good destination for several states and Canada.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 6:30pm
Pretty soon we could have "State" Chapters with yearly rallys (or Pollys), or they can be arranged in any number of configurations. Of course any Pod would be welcome .... 

In Canada it would be provinces or territories ??? right ???
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 6:49pm
yizit
I think if you want to have one in your area, find a State Park (they are normally a little cheaper) or a RV campground.  Check to see if they would handle a small group.  Post it as in your case NORTH-MIDWEST Round 2010 or something to that effective. Smile 

Never know how many Podders will show upConfused.  I do believe that we have a Pod to two in MN, same for NE and WI, and your not that far from our northern neighbors they may be interested as well.  

The Eastern roundup started as maybe this would be a good place for a couple of Podders to meet, (not the exact words but close) and now it has pardon the term snowballed to about 20 Podders and it still 6 months away.

Give it a shot.  Thumbs Up
The first texas roundup was only 3 Pods, but we had a Great time. Anything over 1 will be a success.Star  You have one of the hardest things to decide the dates taken care of.   

LeeClap

Hey Roxy see want you started.

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
VenturaDi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 8:52pm
I'd love to be at the Kentucky roundup, but don't know if it's practical for us.

Are there enough of us out here yet for a Southern CA Pod Pow Wow? Question
Diane
Happy 177 owner! (along with VenturaTom)

"We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance"   Japanese Proverb
retired Roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 6:53am
The Wisconsin Dells would be a great place for the midwest podders. I have been there and not only is it beautiful but so much to do. I had something called a 'fish boil' i think and frozen custard while I was there. I was doing a workshop with teachers many years ago in June. It was great weather!

Retired Roxy
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 8:08am
Yes there is a lot to do in Wisconsin Dells for the entire family.  We have not heard of a "fish boil" in the Dells as yet, which makes me wonder if you are confusing our Door County area that has fish boils all the time.  Door County is the thumb of Wisconsin.  Also a beautiful area.  Wisconsin Dells is in the central part of Wisconsin and is known as the water capital.  Check us out at:  www.dells.com.    
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
retired Roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 8:50am
You are right - I spent a week traveling that area. No matter what I ate or where it was great food! and beautiful country!
Retired Roxy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic