r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying your R-Pod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying your R-Pod
    Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 1:44am
Saw a lengthy email on how to buy an R-pod in the U.S. and bring it to Canada 'cause lots of money saved. I just want to say that I bought my R Pod from McPhails of Harriston, in Ontario Canada and they gave me the best trade in value for my 5th wheel, gave me a great price on my R-Pod, have treated me fabulously and I think that they are definitely worth a look for any Canucks like me. I know they still have one Pod on site, I saw it on their sales list. I am a proud Canadian and like to support local businesses so there you have it. (PS my mother was born in Topeka, Kansas so I love the USA too! If there is an R Pod meet up in Kansas, I will definitely do my best to come-haven't been there in 25 years.
Be kind, be green, be polite!
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 7:19am
I'm glad support your country!  We sometimes don't see eye to eye but we are best friends.  Sort of like my brother and myself!LOL

Terry

EDIT: Did you see I added a Canada Membership Map?
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 9:04am
Hi JustMJ:
I used to live in Rhinelander WI which is really close to Canada and my husband has a lot of business in Canada so we are in Canada yearly.  This summer we are camping for 10 days in the UP in MI.  I actually love going to Canada and our government could use a little education from yours.  People are very friendly.  Cities are clean.  The exchange rate is hurting my shopping though...oh well Embarrassed I guess it is good for you now.  I bought my R-Poda from Country Campers in WI.  I don't think we got a really good deal but it was less than driving to and from Ohio like a lot of people do.  We have several repairs that need to be made and this way we can take it back to them.  They installed the R dome (including snaps and cutting the screen) and sway bar.  They gave us a helpful walk through with lots of advice.  It is nice to keep the business local because it helps the economy.  Have a great time camping.  Linda and Ted     
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic