r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Collapsed R-Dome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Collapsed R-Dome
    Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 4:16am
Shocked  UM... I was IN there! The center roof pole was straight up and down in the ground and I couldn't get the door open!  I called my sister Taberella, who was next door and her first words were "Do you need rescued?" Of course I said yes, but take pictures first and she said she already did! So much for being concerned. And she's gonna be at the Roundup.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 4:48am
LOL That's a good one!

Terry
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 7:55am
Too funny! Glad your sister caught it on film LOL
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
VenturaTom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 9:05am
WOW...and you couldn't get out?

Ok, how do you think it happened?  We've not set up our RDome yet...be interested in your thoughts on this.

Which brings another question to mind.  What about the "Emergency" escape window?  Anyone actually use that?  How do you, if you can, "reset" that?
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab
Cummins 5.7L Turbo-Diesel
R-Pod 177 Owner

Former VW Camper then Tent/Dirt Camper
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 10:26am
My guess is one of the ends of the center pole came unhooked.  From the looks of the picture I would say the end that clips onto the metal rod came undone.  That would wake you up in a hurry!Censored

TerryLOL
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 12:58pm
Well, it was very windy. I had it all staked down and everything, but the flex pole kept collapsing. I guess just once the end of the roof pole that was attached to the flex pole just drove itself into the ground. I couldn't get the door open far enough to loosen the pole. It did not come loose from the flex pole. It was all still together and once my sister relaxed that it stood back up just like it was supposed to. I could have called the campground owner and he would have gotten me out. I guess we just need to make sure we always have that number handy. But, I will say, that from now on, if it's really windy, the dome will stay in the bag. I must say, I really didn't feel trapped since I had everything I needed. Bathroom, coffee pot, tv. The pole did get bent and Susan from Forest River sent me another one for free for all my inconvenience this summer. My camper was in the shop more than I had it. It is now in the shop again but at a different dealer. That could have been the problem all along. I'm just trying to get all the warranty work done before time runs out. Hey, it was a new adventure!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
podpeople View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podpeople Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 12:18am
Now That was funny..
 Im dealing with Susan at FR to hope they can fix my R-POD...

Podpeople,
 RP-171 
 Cincinnati, OH
 #1 Eastern Roundup..
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 10:15am
I see you are from knoxville, we are just about 2.5 hrs away in VA. I just wanted to know if you have a pic of your sisters TAB? or of the pod beside Tab camping? I am a big fan of the way the TAB looks on the outside but ended up going with the POD for the roomier interior and wet-bath.I still think they are really cool ....
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 10:38am
We were looking at a T@B with the kitchen in the back when I found the Pod on this site.  I think we made a good choice.  We now have a build date of between December 7 and 10.  Getting excited!!!!!!
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 11:12am
I wonder if Ol' St Nick will put a ribbon on your Pod before putting it under the tree ? ?
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic