r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

another wishful mod to the 172

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: another wishful mod to the 172
    Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 10:23am
I saw an older Scamp for sale (1970ish) and it had a back end that opened up for easy access. It got me thinking about my 172 and the pop-up opening in the 'T' models. I don't need the extra sleeping space but the opening would allow me to throw in a canoe or kayak, etc. with ease. The technology is alreay in place. Also, it would be a better excape route than the existing window.
Retired Roxy
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 6:44pm
WOW!!!  That sounds challenging.  Good luck and post your mods when done.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
retired Roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 6:00am
I am not going to do it but it would be a great model for Forest River. they could call it their sports line. Airstream has one and it is really cute ($30,000+) but it does not have a toilet/shower. They wouldn't have to change any configureation-just add the 'T' opening. The dining/sleeping area could be modified easily for backpacks/boating equipment.
Retired Roxy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic