r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spare Tire Cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spare Tire Cover
    Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 7:52pm
I noticed I lost my spare tire cover when we got back from a short camping trip this past weekend. It must have blown off is all I can think of. Anyone heard of this? I really don't recall how tight it was on the tire... I wonder what it will cost to replace?
ff404mag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ff404mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 3:50pm
I just put mine on today and it seemed to go on pretty easy . Maybe I'll take it off before my trip next week . Thanks for the heads up .
NY r-pod'r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 4:25pm
I am going to put a strap/bungee cord around the tire / cover next time...
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 7:03pm
I live in AZ and picked up R-Pod in Ohio. On the way home I too lost my spare tire cover. I would definately recommend securing it with something other than the itself...ie bungie straps.
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 8:48am
Good news!! I called Couch's RV and told them I had lost my cover and they immediately sent me a replacement...rpod is back to 100%. Thanks Brannon (My Salesman)!
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
ff404mag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ff404mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 3:43pm
Just got back from a five day trip that was 276 miles each way . I put a ratchet strap on the cover before I left and it was still on when I got home .
jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 11:52am
Great bunch of guys at Couch's!

I'm actually going to put my spare in the storage compartment and install a bike rack on the back so I shouldn't have this issue.

James
Let's hit the road!
Joyce E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joyce E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:37pm

That really sounds good about the bike rack. I also take mine with me and will look into that also let me know what works out for you. Joyce

jems
Joyce E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joyce E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:38pm

I just bought the 175 will take it out in a couple of weeks cant wait to go camping.

jems
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 7:48pm
Rotate your camper tires, including the spare.  The sun damages the rubber of a setting tire because the oils in the rubber don't get moved out to the outer part of the tire causing dry rot.  Rotating will eliminate that.  When not in use for a long period  cover your tires.  One more thing:  just because a tire has never been used does not mean it is safe, after 4 years pitch it.

Terry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic