r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping Marketplace
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resale value...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:54am
Currently, there is a shortage of small, lightweight trailers with many of the companies going/have gone out of business ie:Scamp. They have been holding high resale values. The Casita molded fiberglass trailers maintain a high resale value- check out the Casita forums/classifieds. I think that the resale values have the potential to change if there is ever a 'glut' of small trailers on the market but we are not there- - yet.
Retired Roxy
cane2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cane2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 12:12pm
I did not know SCAMP is out. We stopped by their plant in  August and they were behind till late October or early November. I believe you are rite on with no small units available as you say look at their resale.
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 12:14pm
1.  Supply and demand.  Not everyone is willing to drive several hundred miles to get a good price.

2.  Oops I made a mistake, now I want to sell it, but I gotta get my money back out of it.  (Paid too much for it to begin with)

3.  It is really "used" or did someone buy it cheap and now trying to make money on a hot         commodity?

Right now they are "HOT".  If I had to sell I would try to get the best price too.  Start out high in hopes of finding that right person who doesn't want to travel hundreds of miles to get one.  February and March are the prime months for buying and selling RV's of any type.  People are itching to get out.  In this economy you just never know what is going to happen.

Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
retired Roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 1:58pm
I could be wrong, I had heard they were closing- maybe it was just the local plant that closed. sorry for the bad info.   I saw one in Yosemite last August, 20 years old, 13 feet long-looked to be 'sturdy' enough, insides just had a bed, ice chest, old coleman type stove and a primitive potty/outhouse - oops inhouse, portable heater and light system. The owners said they paid $4000 for it a year ealier and loved it.
Retired Roxy
cane2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cane2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:07pm

A friend of mine lives up by Backus when we went to see him last summer we stopped and looked at Scamps at the plant nice unit but we liked the pod better. My friend has one and it is very old and he thought he had a deal at $3500.00 with no fridg, furnace or cook top or bath.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:11pm
IF you can find one!
Retired Roxy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:19pm
Opened Craigs list, los angeles, rv and typed in scamp or scamp trailer. Came up with a scamp boler - older, smaller model, 950 lbs - $5000. The advantage to this model is that it is so lightweight, one can stand up in it as opposed to many teardrops of the same weight. Limited supply makes for high demand!
Retired Roxy
PA Retiree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA Retiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by yizit yizit wrote:

1.  Supply and demand.  Not everyone is willing to drive several hundred miles to get a good price.

I'd agree, but there are several fairly local dealers that have R-Pod's in stock that are willing to match Couch's price.... so, distance really isn't an issue. 

I think it's a case of  "what the market will bear", a little confusion and possibly some ignorance on the part of buyers.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming anyone, especially a seller that can secure top dollar.   Doesn't work for me, but hey....   Wacko

sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:30pm
No one wants to pay more than a fair price.  What, are we crazy??

Embarrassed
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 5:18am
Now if you look at Couch's website the list price on 2010 r-pod is way higher.  Don't know what price you'd actually get in person.  Hard to quote their price to your local dealer now!Disapprove
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic