r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping Marketplace
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resale value...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA Retiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 5:34am
Originally posted by sylviablue sylviablue wrote:

Now if you look at Couch's website the list price on 2010 r-pod is way higher.  Don't know what price you'd actually get in person.  Hard to quote their price to your local dealer now!Disapprove

Up until about two weeks ago Couch's openly posted the price of $11,995 for a 171 or a 172 on their web site.  They stopped because Forest River received complaints from other dealers that are trying to sell at much higher prices.  Apparently, there's a dealer agreement with Forest River not to publish discount prices on-line which is why Couch's was forced to remove their pricing from their web site. 

However, nothing has changed and Couch's is still selling at the same prices and local dealers are still willing to match Couch's price.  But, the whole thing smells vaguely like industry collusion in an attempt to keep buyers in the dark and pricing artificially high.
nemebean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemebean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 6:56am
If you want a quote to take to your local dealer, just click the "Get Lowest Price" button and they'll e-mail you the actual quote.
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 2:06am
      I like  being the first owner, you know how what you are buying has been cared for, and you have the new warranty. Buying used does have the advantage of problems from the factory being repaired, and as has been mentioned modifications. In truth one needs to be fare to the seller or to the buyer. We were just camping and a camper came to look at our RPod she was interested in buying a small trailer. I told her to look also at the Heartland MPG. I think in time the selection, quality and price of small trailers is going to change. Time will tell what happens the economy, price of gasoline and enviromental concerns have changed things.    David and Danette
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:44pm
I have a 2010 173 model that I paid around 12,000 for .It has everything available ; micro wave baking oven, porch room, and  factory air.

I have used the camper 3 times locally but due to our parents illness we aren't using it and probably won't be able to travel for quite awhile for any extended period, besides we have a cabin with a farm within 45 minutes from our home.

I will sell this camper for 11,000 with some few extras included.

Located in Beckley, W.V. ______buyer would have to pick up.  I can send pictures if requested.
You don't pay anything untill you come to pick it up!
304-252-9992
MEL
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:07am
Sounds like a good deal Mel.  We already have our Pod but if someone is still looking I will steer them to you.  Smile
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:14am
Nice Deal !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic