r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping Marketplace
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resale value...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA Retiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resale value...?
    Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 2:24pm
I have a legitimate question.  What's the resale value of an R-Pod?  I've recently encountered several instances of R-pod owner's asking close to the original price.  Once examined, the asking price is often more than a comparable new one fron Couch's RV Nation.   My personal experience suggests that resale of a titled (used) trailer is significantly less than a new one.  What gives when one can buy a new one for the same or less....?
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 2:27pm
Availability ??
PA Retiree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA Retiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 2:29pm
That's not an issue... All models of R-Pods are readily available and in stock...
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 4:56pm
I think it's too early to judge the value on used r-pods.  Since the units have only been sold for about a year not many have been resold as used.  For instance, there have only been two or three mentioned as for sale on this forum.

Personally, as an owner, I want the resale to stay high.  I want the image of the product to stay high and price can help do that. 

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 9:25am
Perhaps the price is high due to modifications?
Or, perhaps any/all waranty work has been addressed ?

It's good to know the resale price is high (since I own one),
and as mentioned, they "all" are relatively new.
We didn't consider a used one because of the price of a new unit.

Very interesting !!!
nemebean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemebean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:19am
My best guess would be that the reason used prices are currently so high stems from two things:

1) People selling this soon probably decided that they made a mistake and are trying to recoup their cost.

2) There aren't very many people selling R-Pods so there's no competition.  Sellers can basically set whatever price they want.  Of course, as you noted in many cases that results in it being cheaper to  buy new, so I'm not entirely sure how they expect that to work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA Retiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 9:53am
Me thinks you reason quite well... 

The current situation is clearly unsustainable, but if people can pull it off, more power to them.  I believe PT Barnum once had something to say on that subject.... 
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:02am
and me thinks perhaps PA Retiree is looking for a bargain and doesn't want to pay full price.  Good luck, with patience maybe you'll find one.

Maybe a nice used pop up?
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

nemebean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemebean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:13am
Originally posted by sylviablue sylviablue wrote:

and me thinks perhaps PA Retiree is looking for a bargain and doesn't want to pay full price.

Isn't everyone?Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA Retiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:17am
Sorry, but I found your comment a little snide. 

I am looking to pay a fair cash price for a used unit.   However, I am NOT willing to pay full price (or above full price) for a used unit when I can readily go to a dealer and get a brand new one delivered today with ALL the options at the same or lessor price.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic