r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Single gals and R-pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singlegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Single gals and R-pod
    Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 5:05pm
I just ordered my R-pod 171.  I love to camp, but am single and wanted something I can use with friends or on my own with my dogs Mark and Bill.  Once we get it, I will post photos of our adventures.  I'd love to hear from others who are happily traveling alone, seeing beautiful sights and meeting great people.  
Singlegal
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 6:22am
Thanks for the post... FR had originally thought the demographic of the r-pod owner would be the first time camper - maybe young couple, 1 child ... but it turns out to be most popular with the retired couples, single 40-50 adults, and empty nesters... folks that want to get back to camping but don't want to buy a big truck or have a high maint camper... hitch and go is their motto!

I would be curious to here some of your 'stories' of why you choose the r-pod and your background...
singlegal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singlegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 6:41pm
I'm a trial lawyer and I need downtime.  I had a mountain cabin and sold it a couple of years ago and miss the solitude.  I chose the r-pod (after owning a rather large Airstream) because it has all the amenities I need, and is self contained.  My Airstream was nice and pulled like a dream, but I still burned the gas!  I didn't need all the space because I find myself spending so much time outside that I didn't need a hotel on wheels.  I'm looking forward to continuing my outdoors adventure in my R-pod (hurry up guys!).
Singlegal
justmj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 5:07am
I am newly single and my ex and I  had a 27' 5th wheel together. I got it in our settlement but could not pull it-no truck so I put it on a permanent site last summer but did not really get enough use out of it for the cost and I missed my camping club and their rally and club campouts.
So I started looking for something that my Suzuki Grand Vitara could pull and found the R-Pod. McPhail's of Harriston in Ontario, Canada agreed to take my 2005 Orbit as a trade in and gave me a fabulous deal on the 171 and there you have it. I pick it up May 1st.
I traded in my '07 Suzuki Grand Vitara as well on a new Dodge Dakota so I would have no worries about weight or strain on the car.  My 2 basset hounds and I are ready to roll!
I cannot wait!
Be kind, be green, be polite!
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 7:53am
Male Alert....male alert!! 

The Escapees RV Club has a group dedicated to single women.  You ladies should start one here for your campers.  I even have a suggestion for a name...but I better not post it.Big smile

Terry
justmj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:12am
Hey Terry,
I think you have waaaay too much time on your hands. How about a group just for males. I have a name for it too, but it is against the rules to post. Too bad!
Be kind, be green, be polite!
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 8:50am
I drove our Coleman Columbia pop up but I haven't pulled the R-Poda 171 yet.  I think I could do it if I had to.  I know the set up would be easier for me than the pop up.  I would need help parking it though.  Now I stand behind it with a walkie talkie as Ted parks it next to our garage.  Not much room on the side so a little mistake could be a big problem LOL.  It is really nice for the 2 of us and our BIG (90 lbs) yellow lab.  I hope you have fun with your new trailer.  Linda 
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
JJ2SPIRIT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ2SPIRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 11:53am
another single gal here...too hard to set up popup alone and wanted private shower/bath.my first trip is this weekend april 30-may2,expecting showers so maybe inside alot with my dog digger,but no midnite trips to bathroom and aggravation setting up alone !! it's all good !!Thumbs Up
TattieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TattieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 11:52am
So glad I discovered the single gals! I have been online researching T@B's, TADA's, iCamps, well, as many as there are offered I have researched, and surprisingly ended back at rpod today, went and saw and have a main question? Has anyone had bad experiences with the lack of windows? Is the ventilation OK? I will have 2 Shih-tzus with me! Anything that anyone has to offer would be so appreciated as I'd like to make a decision soon! Pretty much need a hand off trailer as I'm mCryechanically deficient. Can't wait to hear from you all and also to meet up with you!!!

TattieB

Tattie
JJ2SPIRIT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ2SPIRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 2:23pm
leaving 2morrow,will update on monday any issues this single gal hadThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic