r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any interest in NW roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob & Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any interest in NW roundup
    Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 8:38pm
I find myself envious of the folks attending the eastern roundup.  I was wondering if anyone was interesting in a Pacific Northwest Roundup.  I haven't done any research yet or picked out any dates.  I know a lot of the parks in Washington are starting to fill up on prime weekends.  Depending on the people interested we could probably hold it in Washington Oregon or Idaho.  My preference would be for Washinton, though I don't think I would mind Silver falls near Salem Oregon.
gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 5:29am
We are definitely interested in a PNW Roundup too. If there is enough interest to have one, we should try to choose a location central to all who would participate. Also, if we pick a location in Western Washington, we might want to wait until after the 4th of July as rain is always a threat prior to that date.

For 2010, we only have a few weekends available:

June 19/20
July 17/18
Aug 21/22
Sep 25/26

Anyone else interested?
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
Nellie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 5:30am
I have a son in Bend Oregon that I plan on visiting some time in July or August, could combine that with a round-up in OR or WA for sure!
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 10:05am
It would be really cool if you could have a roundup on the same weekend as the one in Kentucky.  Imagine more then one group counting down to the same day for their roundup!
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 11:04am
Originally posted by bob & Linda bob & Linda wrote:

I find myself envious of the folks attending the eastern roundup.  I was wondering if anyone was interesting in a Pacific Northwest Roundup.  I haven't done any research yet or picked out any dates.  I know a lot of the parks in Washington are starting to fill up on prime weekends.  Depending on the people interested we could probably hold it in Washington Oregon or Idaho.  My preference would be for Washinton, though I don't think I would mind Silver falls near Salem Oregon.
Bob and Linda
Be careful what you wish for!! Approve When I suggested the Eastern Roundup, I thought we would only have about 5 Pods. Big smile Sandpiper said more like 30.  Well, we now have almost 30 signed up! Star  Ours has turned into a good sized gathering.  Sure do wish you could come to ours.  Good luck with the Western.

Pepperpod
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 12:33pm
Never been there but would love to, let us know.
Chrysler town and country
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
VenturaDi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 2:47pm
Approve       We'd be interested!   I too have watched with envy the Kentucky roundup. 

I'll keep watching this topic for any updates.                    
Diane
Happy 177 owner! (along with VenturaTom)

"We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance"   Japanese Proverb
bob & Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob & Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by gepaine gepaine wrote:

We are definitely interested in a PNW Roundup too. If there is enough interest to have one, we should try to choose a location central to all who would participate. Also, if we pick a location in Western Washington, we might want to wait until after the 4th of July as rain is always a threat prior to that date.

For 2010, we only have a few weekends available:

June 19/20
July 17/18
Aug 21/22
Sep 25/26

It would have to be June 19/20 or the Sep date to work for us.  The July date is the weekend after we get back from Yellowstone and I already have reservations at Grayland State Park for the August weekend.   The June date is the weekend before we leave for Yellowstone but I think I would be up for the tune-up weekend before the big trip.  What do you trip of one the parks near Olympia?

gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 8:25pm
Bob & Linda,

I would be open to a park near Olympia, but I think we would be risking a rainy weekend if we chose the June date. We would have a better chance of dry weather if we went east of the Cascades in Washington or Oregon during June.

For example, we camped last Memorial Day at Cove Palisades State Park in Oregon and it was hot and dry there. A really nice park, but it is 300 miles from Seattle.

Are there any places in eastern Washington that you like? Our favorite camping spot east of Seattle is a forest service campground named Salmon La Sac, but that is dry camping. Maybe not a good choice for a roundup.

I think it will be interesting to see the interest level this week - now that the holidays are over.

On another note, we are heading for Yellowstone about a month after you. Staying at Bridge Bay for a week. (Need to find a reasonably priced (cheap) EU2000 for the trip.)

Let's talk again in a few days.
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
WE-2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WE-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 1:26pm
http://www.dhcsupplies.com/yamaha_ef2000is.htm
  Check out this price on a generator. I've been shopping hard and this is the best price I've found. Ordered mine yesterday.
Dick & Kyra
2010 174 L'il B'ger
09 Dakota 4.7L       
Hampton, Va.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic