r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Florida Freeze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 4:17pm
     The Edison home is a good place to visit if you like science and history, a little expensive I heard haven"t been there in a long time. The historical museum in downtown Fort Myers is a place to visit, it takes you through time of the history of SW Florida. You could visit Koreshen State Park in Estero not to far from where you are staying . Grandpod posted some pictures of the historical buildings. Hopefully it will warm up for us all here soon.    David and Danette
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 6:15pm
Cool

Enjoy your trip to Florida.  I do think it's warming up.  Also calming down here in Costa Rica.
Folks coming here on vacation this time of year expect better from us than what's been happening the last week.  "No refunds for weather"  as you say.
Hey, next year you could all come down here and have a Pod Party. Beer
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Ned View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 7:18pm

We have friends here in New Brunswick Canada that go down to Florida every winter, I don 't know why as the temperature here on Sunday 10th January was just about the same as Florida.

Spring is on the way.Tongue
Ned
Rocket Pod RP-173
Miramichi, NB
2005 Ford Escape
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 3:55pm

OK- the past 6-7 days have been absolutely georgous with highs in the mid 70s and mostly bright sunshine. The beach house worked out great and was a much needed break- we will definitely be crying when we pack up to go back up north on Wednesday Unhappy

Thanks to all here in Southwest Florida - great people, restaurants and (finally!!) great weather. Counting the years (hopefully 5-7) until we can figure out how to do the snowbird thing. We even checked out an RV park right on the beach (Red Coconut in Fort Myers Beach) but I couldn't stand to be that close to my neighbots even for a weekend! You literally have to watch how you open your door for fear of hitting your neighbor's rig. We'll keep looking!
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 4:29pm

Glad nice weather finally came your way !!!

We too are on that path to full-timing in the near future and hope to be able to find a great place to park the RV for extended periods of time. I also checked out an RV park in the panhandle and it seemed it was cramped too. But we're not giving up hope. Where there's a will, there's a way.
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 7:50pm
Approve   It's finally summer here.  Sunny skies, breezy, highs in the 80s.  Happy, happy.  Wink
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:12pm
I'm glad its summer somewhere!
Its still winter here....Cry
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:09pm
Warmer here.  Near 50. LOL
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic